TJ Maxx Try Ons


After letting my Instagram followers vote, I chose TJ Maxx to do a try on haul. It turned out to be such a success. Sometimes, TJ Maxx is hit or miss for me, but I was really happy with all my finds! I could not find any of the exact pieces online, but I picked out some pieces that match the overall aesthetic that I was aiming for. There were some pieces online that I considered ordering, but I like to try on my clothes before purchasing so I decided to hold off for a while. 



Outfit #1 (above): I fell in love with this cropped top. The color is perfect, and I loved the simple floral detailing on it. When I found this top, there was damage that I would have to sew up. I went and asked an associate if they could give me a discount. I ended up getting $5 off. If you ever find something slightly damaged that you can fix at home, always go ask an associate if they can discount it further because sometimes it works! This particular top wasn't on the website, but I found a really cute light blue one here that is really pretty. Wish I would've found it in stores!

Outfit #2: This black body suit was EXACTLY what I have been looking for. I couldn't find the exact one online, but they have an amazing Free People version online that is so freaking cute! It came in black, white, and a leopard print. The material was incredibly soft, and super thick. I paired it with the jeans I was already wearing, but check out the outfit below with the white skirt to see it paired differently!


Outfit #3- This dress gave me all the spring feels. I loved how the pale yellow brought out my tan, but wasn't too bold and contrasting with the white. There are so many people who say they can't pull off yellow, but I think this dress is an exception considering how pale the yellow is. The skirt of the dress was lined, so you don't have to worry about it being see through. Definitely brought this cute little number home with me. Again, I couldn't find this exact pieces online, but here is a yellow striped dress that I think would be super flattering on a lot of different body types.

Outfit #4- This blush top was to die for, and the pattern gave it a really pretty detail that would be so cute under a cardigan. This top was really thick and would be really cute with some white pants to wear to work. I think this top would be really versatile, and you could easily wear it throughout all four seasons if you layer it just right in the colder months. I found this top in the women's section, but I can't find it online. Here is one that is labeled Juniors that would be adorable for summer outfits with some white bottoms.




Outfit #5: This dress is such a good staple here in the south. I feel like every woman needs to own a denim dress. I have always gone to Old Navy to buy denim dresses, but I like this one so much more because it is belted, and the quality is better than any of my Old Navy dresses. All the buttons are fully functional, and the belt can be removed. This dress is so flattering, and I am a little sad that I decided not to bring it home. There are tons of adorable options over on TJ Maxx's website for you to go look at. There were too many to choose from and link, so I suggest if you're searching for a denim/chambray dress to give TJ Maxx website a visit.



Outfit #6: This top is so flattering. The upper portion of this shirt is smocked, and the baby doll style bottom is super cute. I feel like this would be super cute with white jeans or pencil skirt that is more form fitting. It could easily be dressed up to wear on Sunday to church, or just wear it casually how I have it styled here. Definitely a versatile piece. Additionally, baby doll style tops and dresses are a huge trend right now because they are so flattering.




Outfit #7: I found the most flattering dress at TJ Maxx. The color of this dress was absolutely gorgeous and would look so good on any skin tone. Like the last top, this one was the trendy baby doll style top that would be so freaking cute on anybody! It had a cross style top that made it difficult to find the right bra to wear with it, but I bet any strapless bra would look just fine. 


Outfit #8: I picked up these black jeans and cute floral top while I was at TJ Maxx. I'm so happy with how cute yet simple this outfit turned out to be. I just paired it with my Tory Burch dupes and it created the perfect spring outfit. I wear jeans throughout all four seasons, so I definitely fell in love with these jeans. I have a feeling they won't fade much. I also came home with this top because it was so darn cute and super flattering. Hopefully you'll be able to see me style it differently as it warms up in Texas! 

Outfit #9: This is the same black bodysuit that I styled with jeans above, but I found this cute paper bag waist white denim skirt that I could not pass up. I think the two contrasting colors really helped my tan pop, and I thought that the pieces were super flattering for my body type as well. I wouldn't recommend this skirt for some body types because it could make you look frumpy. I suggest playing around with different paper bag waist pieces to see what works for you! Here is a similar skirt online that would be a great addition to any closet in my opinion. 





Outfit #10: I found this gorgeous floral dress and it honestly gave me some Zimmerman vibes. I really like the floral pattern because it wasn't overpoweringly floral like a lot of dresses are. The color pattern was great too for spring time. It was fully lined and had some ruffle detailing on the top, but you can't see it as well in this picture. I really was surprised to find a dress like this at TJ Maxx. It would make a perfect dress for brunch or maybe an Easter event. Since it was a little on the shorter side, I do recommend wearing sandals or flats with it. Espadrille platforms would be super cute too, but a heel of any kind will make it appear even shorter. Like all the other pieces, I couldn't find any online, but I found this floral dress that has sunflowers on it that I absolutely love!

Comments